Friday, September 9, 2016

Rick Porcello, A True Underdog Story

 
The greatest turn around for a Red Sox player in my life for sure. Honorable mention going to John Lackey, who in 2011 was an evil villain who co-ran the chicken and beer mafia. A mere 2 years later became a lovable booze bag that won the clinching game of the World Series. But this is unreal. A year ago Rick Porcello was a joke. He became the guy you mention with Carl Crawford and Pablo Sandoval as biggest wastes of money ever. Now he's a 20 game winner, the only guy on this Red Sox staff who shows any balls, the ace over the highest paid pitcher in baseball and will probably win a Cy Young. Now I'm only 25 so maybe I'm not the guy who should claim this is the greatest heel to hero switch ever. But no one in my lifetime has gone from the biggest waste of 20 mill ever to underpaid in 365 days. Let me know who I'm forgetting in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment