Sunday, September 25, 2016

RIP Jose Fernandez

I don't want to be one of those people who uses a tragedy to draw attention to themselves. That's not why I'm writing this. I didn't know much about Jose Fernandez. I knew he was a stud on the mound. I knew he was one of the few guys I would've like to see the Red Sox trade the farm for. But that's bout it. But s a guy who's only a few months older than Jose, it's just something I thought a lot about today.
I'm certainly not one to say nothing good happens after 2 a.m. It's true, but we've ll done it. I don't see the good that comes from people wagging their finger at someone after the damage is done. But I guess it's to help teach the rest of us. And hopefully it does that.
I guess that's what has me thinking the most. I think a lot about how drastically things can change based on one minor action. If Jose didn't have his start pushed back a day, he wouldn't have been out. But what do you do with that. It's a fact that's just there. Maybe it's just my weed addled brain but that's been blowing my mind today. It's so corny to say but I don't enjoy enough of the moments I have. I lost a friend earlier this year, around the same age, to a very different set of circumstances. But it's just a message to the rest of us to stop bitching about the little things. We won't. We say it every time something like this happens and then forget. But for today, it's something to think about. Rest In Peaces Jose. All the best to your family, and especially your future child.

1 comment: